PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone seen this??? :o Serco to bail out NATS?
Old 5th Mar 2002, 21:59
Great Unmanaged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Forward! Where to for gods sake? Doncaster International? Sheffield hub?. .. .September 11 had a major affect on major ATS suppliers. I doubt it had such a major affect on Serco...due to the ATC contracts it 'provides'. I have looked at Serco, I do not like the way it does business and will strike if they even get a sniff at NATS. I had another job lined up just in case - after 27 years in aviation I will leave NATS gladly rather than work for Serco. Personnaly, I would not want them staining my CV!. .. .NATS will pick up - the traffic numbers are well up and will improve still more. BA today said that their own traffic numbers are up again. NATS makes a great deal from large aircraft over long distances and was bound to take a mega hit following 911. Not so Serco but C150's and GA7's are not what we are about. 2,000,000 movements last year and 3,000,000 in ten years time. That millions - not thousands.. .. .What would Serco - in the ATC major league for the first time ever - have done on 912? Sack everyone that's what! Now it would be completely stuffed as all the brains would have gone and the phrase 'up ***t creek without a paddle (again) comes to mind.. .. .If you are happy with them then its good for you - we don't want or need amateurs.