PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Petition for the abolition of Crossbows
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2005, 07:53
snafu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, it's the Military Aircrew forum, but if you read the blurb on the front page to the forums, you will see that it is designed for:

A forum for the professionals who fly the non-civilian hardware, and the backroom boys and girls without whom nothing would leave the ground. Army, Navy and Airforces of the World, all equally welcome here.
We also get a lot of past and potential military aviators and people who are interested in military aviation in general. Just because it is the Military Aircrew forum doesn't mean that only military aircrew are allowed to look at it or contribute - it's on the Internet after all! By your logic, I shouldn't be allowed to look at or contribute to the forums for Flying Instructors, ATC, Flight Testing or Terms and Endearment for commercial aviators, because I'm none of those things.

Crossbow, hyd3failure et al may occasionally post stuff that others may or may not agree with....live with it! It's called free speech and, unless they contravene the PPRuNe rules, they should be allowed to carry on. Other than "4 Asso's EPs" (??) we are the only forum on PPRuNe that has no official moderator. I hope this is because Danny and the rest of the mods have realised that we are self-moderating and they just take the occasional scan through what we are saying. This is a privilege and one we should be proud of.