PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Training (OAT) - Who has got a job?
Old 3rd Feb 2005, 09:49
Air of Despair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best way to assess the success of the APP is to visit the individual courses web sites.

http://www.oxfordaviation.net/info/news/websites.htm

A word of warning though, be prepared to feel very sick!

Thomas Cook, BA, Flightline, Excel and Flybe have all approached OAT for graduates in the last four months. It must be said that OAT are still putting forward non-APP graduates for some of these positions, most notably flybe last week. I believe that 60 people were called forward for interview and that about 25 were selected. Those with first time IR passes have gone straight on to the 146 out of Birmingham (no sim check) for a short term contract before moving on to the Q400. Those without a first time pass (probably victims of the ndb at EGBJ) need to pass a sim check before taking up type rating courses on the Q400.

The schools hold the key to low houred recruitment. Many of the airlines no longer have the capacity to sift through the thousands of CV's they receive and would much rather approach the schools for recommendations. If you don't believe me ask the airlines next time you call them! I do know of a couple of guys who have got a job through the good old CV so it is not dead yet as a way of getting that first job, but I have a horrible feeling with CTC and the APP that its day may well be numbered.

Best of luck and keep plugging away, if you want it badly enough you'll get there in the end.

A of D