PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Flying blame culture at JHC?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2005, 00:25
heights good

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

i was reading the recommendations that came about from this incident and some of them just go to show the extreme lack of knowledge the average person has. Strobes or infra red links that aircraft could pick up while flying. Honestly the people in power should be saying dry your eyes and lets get on with the job. I understand that what happened was tragic but 1 person killed every few years by a helicopter is nothing compared to the amount killed by cars. What next, engine cut outs for cars if they get within 100' of a horse. Of course not the public know about cars so that would be silly.

The military they are all lunatics who fly everywhere with their hair on fire shouting "tally ho, bandits 9 o'clock, tipping in!" then after they have waxed their handlebar moustache its off to the bar for gin and tonics and some piano burning. The world has went health and safety crazy, somebody needs to get into power who has some bollocks and conviction about them to change things and tell all the tree huggers and do gooders to wind their necks in!!!

Phew!!!! and relax....... sorry chaps had to get that off my chest, rant over.

HG

p.s. and just as an afterthought horsie types should be made to wear massive suits of cotton wool and bubble wrap. You cant be too careful these days, what if a helicopter was too suddenly appear???? Would not want to be caught out. Then again somebody would then sue because it took so long to get the suit off that they pi**ed themselves. Emotional stress, at least a 5 figure payout!