PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Training (OAT) - Who has got a job?
Old 2nd Feb 2005, 08:43
father murry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Dr Pep.

It is quite amazing how much this industry is a complete lottery for new for pilots.

I graduated from Oxford in 2002 and since then they have done `0` for me. My life has effectivly been on hold for over 3 years networking, applying for jobs, reading everything i can about where jobs might be comming up, shelling out to stay current, paying vast sums of money on plane tickets - hotels to attend interviews and sim checks and have had 3 job offers as a result - that all ultimatly fell through in the last stages due to other pilots pitching up last minuite with a hundred or so more hours than me.

It all dawned on me the other day when i was in Oxford and i herd a 22 year old lad who had graduated in early December 2004 commenting to another student that `the last 3 weeks since Oxford reccommended me to BA its been awful, in fact its like ive been on tender hooks, waiting for them to finally get round to offering me the job!`

22 years old, 3 WEEKS, Oxford reccommended me, B.A., !!!

`Live a little - live a lotto!`