PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetsgo YYC today...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2005, 01:38
Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had an interesting talk with a TC inspector today.

But first, this thread is meant for all those WJ types that can't wait or resist bashing Jetsgo, especially about so called safety issues.

The talk revolved around reportabe incidents and the first thing I noted was the comment that, over the last 2 years, WJ has had more reportable incidents than Jetsgo, all of which are public record.

So lets take a look:

1. 2 hours after the Jetsgo incident in YYC a WJ 700 landed and scraped a flap!!!!

2. Several months ago a WJ flight STALLED after departure after the autopilot had a docile trip off without the crew noticing.

3. WJ was investigated for landing in Saskatoon in zero/zero weather when the tower was closed.

4. At least 3 incidents of crews, in the 200, forgetting to turn packs on after dep resulting in the 'rubber jungle'.

The comments also included the observations that the below landing limits landings and questionable practices with regard to deice procedures have been an issue that TC are aware of and watching.

So, for those WJers who seem to delight in trashing Jetsgo (and only those WJers since the ones I know personally are above that) you might want to consider looking inhouse before casting stones elsewhere.

(C150---no report anywhere of a 'coffin drop' at Jetsgo--blatant lies)