PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of the Professional Pilot
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2005, 11:36
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Danger

To be honest, I'm sick and tired of debating this same cr@p over and over and over again.

Personally I think A-3Twenty's anology of comparing pilots to chickens is supremely PERFECT.
I think pilots nowadays are like chicken.A lot of noise together but if somebody taller than us comes into the place we run away in all directions.
I haven't seen it before, and if it is YOUR original thought, A-3TWENTY, you are, imo, an astutely brilliant legend

I'm sick & tired of being plucked, and stuffed (with b.s.) like a chicken...of being told that "The Company hasn't got any money, and so a pay decrease is necessary for the staff, if the Company is to survive."....only to see management reward themselves with extra bonuses, increased salaries, no alteration to their work conditions, but do NOTHING to increase actual productivity or increased revenue flow from clients!

Just like THEM, I'm in this for myself, now.
I can turn 1 hour sectors into 50 minutes...or 1 hour 30minutes.
The seat belt sign can stay on for all except about 10 minutes - for forecast/previous reports - of every flight!
I will step down when I feel fatigued, due to sh!t rostering, that has me doing consecutive early mornings, long days, and near minmum rest layovers. I'm a HUMAN BEING, not a robot!

I REALLY do NOT give a**** about the uneducated opinions of non Flight Crew, such as doublewasp - they know sfa about the day-to-day pressure put on crew, the effects of flying in O2 depleted work situations, the experience of having to stay at the work station for hours on end (without running off to the coffee machine/toilet/copier/work associate's desk - or flicking through the Internet pages at the Company's expense!)
The doublewasps are the M-F 9-5 freaks that live in a coffin from the day they finish their study - their greatest excitement, and fear, in life is going on vacation.
Exciting because it's "different" to the M-F 9-5.
Frightening, because they know they won't be missed, and are easily replaced!

So get over it guys - the fight is individually in our own hands now.
Like a fighting cock, be prepared to take your OWN stand as a pilot - for pilots!