PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of the Professional Pilot
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2005, 08:03
A-3TWENTY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Agree with Charles DArwin and skyclamp
but.
I also think that the good old times (and conditions) were got because lots of people were thinking together and acting together.The old pilots spent lots of off days in the union.The old guys were fired.The old guys did a strike to get their fellow`s job back.The old good guys didn`t allow a new co-pilot do his leg while he didn`t join the union.The old guys weren`t the first to point out one`s failures.Or make the poor guy who had an incident previously guilty(even before the managment)

IT`S WORTHLESS to waste fuel if you don`t join to the Union. We don`t have any force alone.

I hear people saying"union does nothing).

Unions are YOU!!!!! THEY ARE YOUR VOICE!!!If you go to the union and tell them that you want even less money,they have to struggle for it.But you have to go there.If you want more money and conditions you have to go there.
When you see one saying the UNION does nothing ask him/her if he/she was on the last reunion...
GO THERE!!!!! even if you don`t open your mouth!!! You will form an opinion of how things are going by yourself.
It will be nice for you and your coleagues to see everybody there.

I see guys saying the youngest co-pilots are guilty.They have just a small part in the cake.Everybody started the career accepting everything.But people are never happy with what they have.And this young pilots who just joined the company soon will understand the system and will be more demanding.As long as they learn to fly with you ,they need learn to have a positive attitude .And THIS is a Captain`s duty.A 300 hours guy can not be a Captain.

Did you know everyone can take a UNION to court if they take oposite actions to those accorded with pilots???

Also remenber yourselves that a good job environment helps to get people together.

Let`s stop beeing nice guys in front and selfish in the back .

Let`s prove for ourselves and managment we are the real leaders.

Just to say one thing.I have already had a dicciplinary action for beeing on the head of a union .And I am still alive.I have a better job now,more money and a better environment.

STOP beeing afraid like chickens.By the way ,I think pilots nowadays are like chicken.A lot of noise together but if somebody taller than us comes into the place we run away in all directions.

Never expect 100% people stuggling for your rights.There are always chickens (young and female).But the man have to be the majority and they have to be hard and persistent.

Let`s think a little bit on our way of beeing in life/ work and remenber that a group needs of us too.

Bye. Best flights

Last edited by A-3TWENTY; 1st Feb 2005 at 08:22.