PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logbooks
Thread: Logbooks
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2005, 15:14
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think anyone cares what logbook you use. JAR-compliancy is very nice, but in fact as long as you record all the vital information, it doesn't really matter what order the columns are in, etc.

I think it's probably fair to say that most people start off with a PPL logbook, which your school will no doubt provide you with when you start training. This will hold all the information you need for your PPL, hour-building and CPL at least. When you do your IR you might need to put some simulator time in your logbook, which most PPL logbooks don't have room for, but by re-naming some columns you'll be able to manage. When you run out of columns, you'll have a much better idea of what you want for the type of flying you do, and then you can browse all the options and pick the one that fits you best.

I use a Jeppesen logbook now. I started off with a standard PPL logbook which my flying club sold me at the start of my training, and when I qualified as an instructor I bought the Jeppesen logbook. The reason I picked that one was because it had a separate column for instructor time, separate space for flight simulator time, and enough spare columns for me to keep track of tail-wheel time and sea-plane time too. This fits my needs perfectly, but that doesn't mean it'll fit your needs.

The main thing, though - don't worry, it really doesn't matter that much.

FFF
---------------