PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of the Professional Pilot
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2005, 17:34
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
I believe these Airline Owners, CEO’s and Managers should be despised and held in contempt for their greedy and intimidating management.
It will be no compensation or comfort to know that the above statement could be made of ANY business or organisation that I have heard of, or come into contact with, in the past 27 years of my working life.

Yes, it is grim that the folks up the front are having a bad time and grim that the saftey margins are bing whittled down - but they are being changed in every walk of life. To give but one example, goverments used to plan far ahead, consult and move forward with care. Anyone want to say that they still do that? In the same way that govts are hurting more people and wasting as much money as they save, so are airlines/banks/supermarkets. The British govt connived at the death of many in Iraq and will connive at deaths in the airline world. That is what mankind does, so I join the pessimisim.

BUT remember that the folks becoming pilots now will not have known the previous way of doing things and so will not think things so extreme. In the same way that the young people entering my main field (telecommunications) do not think the demands made of them to be unusual. Relativity? That'll be the one!

We can only watch out for ourselves and those near to us.