PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF to REMOVE Crew Rest for FA's
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2005, 02:15
Butterfield8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give Me A Break

There will come a day in the not too distant future when the detrimental effects of longhaul flying will become public knowledge.It won`t be pretty.Fatigue will count high amongst these effects.Sectors in excess of 14 hours reduce human response times to that of someone with a blood alcohol content of .08 .Kill yourself driving home after a sector like this and your employer should be held responsible.Has your employer(airline)warned you of the dangers....not bloody likely!!
Employers have a duty of care to provide a safe and healthy work environment.At the very least you should be warned of what flying is doing to you.Do some googling..the information is there and for any reasonable person it is a cause for concern.I love what I do but I would like to be informed of the health downside so I can take measures to negate some of these effects.
As for Blue Mullode(registered JAN 2005)no one gets used to fatigue or jet lag ..you just learn to live with it.Blew My Load,the name says it all.Just another mangement troll who comes out of the woodwork expounds something uninformed and moronic then disappears adding nothing intelligent to the discussion at hand