PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Ryanair pledge
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2005, 22:14
TRon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the way I look at it. I dont think I am alone!

No amount of people telling you not to do it is going to stop some guy flipping burgers who is offered a gig at Ryanair, HSBC willing to offer a further 23k, and the prospect of starting flying now rather than wait for the next job. Fact is, it is a job which is more than most have. What we have to remember is, you and everybody else there were told from Day 1 when you turned up at the interview from Mr. Dooney that Ryanair f*ck everyone.

I believe he invites anyone to leave who cant accept this.

Once the rose tinted specs have sunk a little, and you start line training I dont think your feet will touch the ground. 100 sectors average to complete line training (60 more than easy, no pay until then, might take 2 months) that's is basically, jut get on with it and if you dont keep up your chopped. That coupled with the fact you self position, have to feed and water yourself and arent getting what you previously were when you were flipping burgers.

I can assure you the fact you are doing the 'dream job' now doesn't seem so appealing.

That coupled with the fact you are an expendable commodity who will be fired if you step out of line, no questions see you in court.

From my very limited standpoint and I will relent the forum to those actually there, Ryanair seems to run on a fear culture, which promotes maximum efficiency from staff but zero loyalty and morale. I barely hear a Western European on the radio now at STN and most I speak to cant wait to move onto bigger and better things. But then you get a command right at the point you could/should jump ship, money is then good and you are trapped as you cant move as no-where else pays as well as Ryanair for the job you are doing and will probably mean a step back to the right seat., after you have started relying on the Captains wage at FR.

I know this golden nugget of being minted at FR is dangled, but I have yet to see it. Once all the sundries have been added up you may be better off, but at what cost?

I know it is nice to get that warm fuzzy feeling that your employer values you, but in the real world that doesn't happen, but when you are treated the way they seem to at FR it is either a testament to our professionalism as Aircrew (and I include Cabin Crew there!) or that we will not stand up and be counted. I'll leave you to decide on that one.

I work at easyJet and whilst they get things wrong, I dont get the feeling I am being shafted, and that management will actually listen to you without telling you to f*ck off afterwards (well not to your face ) even with the rostering 'murmurs' there seems to be developing at the moment they seem to listen and that goes a long way.

I dont think personally there is any easy solution to the problems at FR and as long as there are jobs for low hours guys, there will be takers. Only once they are in, further in debt and reliant on the fact they are down that path with FR on a 737 will the reality set in, that the job isn't really what they expected and the extra money they are 'earning' is paying off their type rating for the next 4 years. Trouble is it is hard to find someone on here or anywhere to say it is crap, as that would seem like they made a mistake, and no-one likes admitting that especially when it is your livelyhood we are talking about. I know some guys/girls love it there, they get paid well, on time and fly new aircraft interesting places. I would hazard a guess that in the majority these guys arent heavily reliant on the money and they havent got 30 years left in the industry and wondering where their next job is going to be.

Only my 5p worth, from a different grass which isn't any greener, just orange!