PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Racism & Bigotry in the UK Armed Forces
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2005, 14:50
The Gorilla

Inter Arma Enim Silentius Lex Legis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

The problem as I see it, is that the media of today is actively generating hatred. A large proportion of the stories are sensationalised to discredit the Government and sections of the community that the media barons dislike.

Take immigration, yes we do have a serious problem that needs sorting but we are a long way from the rivers of blood that some news sources would suggest. To suggest that Michael Howard is a racist for daring to suggest solutions is outrageous.

It is the same with the rail industry. The railways have improved beyond belief since the mid 90's but you wouldn't know that from the press. There is never any good news reported in the press!! Every road traffic accident at a level crossing is a train crash!! I don't think so!!

The Forces are just not flavour of the month any more and you will have to endure much more of the negative reporting. That's the price to be paid for taking part in a disastrous and some would argue, illegal war. A war which will continue long after tomorrows elections.

Door

I have witnessed racism with the RAF but it is individuals who are racist NOT the service. It's the same out here only much worse I can assure you.