Thread: FO Salary at EK
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2005, 13:56
fractional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day,
Speaking of cost of living, just chk this out:
http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/Nat...ticleID=149569

For those unable to get it from the net, I copied/pasted the newspaper article below. It clearly states what (almost) everyone has been saying on this topic and all the others. The cost of living has gone UP^^^... It is the Government admitting it not anyone else...
It doesn't matter who you are if you are living in the UAE. You all have to eat, drink, etc..

One footnote: it's misleading to say "I'm fine bec it suits me" or "it isn't my problem". Well, it might me your turn next, and...
It's much better to stop winging and start adding constructive opinions to indicate that all speak a very similar language. As many say, the company bosses or "ushers" read pprune.org too .

All the best.

Government employees likely to get 20% salary raise

Staff Report

Abu Dhabi: Government employees could receive a 20 per cent salary boost after a review of living costs by the Ministry of Economy and Planning, an Arabic daily newspaper reports.

Al Khaleej newspaper cited a study that examined a rise in the prices of staple goods and medicines over the last five years.
The study and its proposals will be submitted to the Cabinet within the next two weeks.

Officials at the ministry found that the prices of essential food items had gone up by 22 per cent since 2000 whereas the prices of some highly sought-after medicines had increased by 28 per cent.

As a result, the study proposed that the salaries of government employees should be increased by at least 20 per cent to help citizens meet present living expenses.

The study recommended reducing fuel prices to the same levels they were four years ago.

At the same time, proposals include the formation of a higher committee to draw up and implement the general pricing policy, providing reasonable profit margins for traders to comply with and to be held accountable in case of any violations.

Ministerial officials also said it was important to control and monitor prices and that such responsibilities are not only in the ministry's remit, but must also be tackled by non-profit cooperative societies, several of which are operating in the UAE.

In addition, ministry experts also called for more comprehensive regulations for personal loans, "to curb the chaos that has been evident in this regard".

Such regulations should bring closer scrutiny on age and financial status to raise public awareness on the issue of consumption
UNQUOTE