PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Contract
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2005, 01:08
Disguise Delimit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gimble (anybody else think it is spelt gimbal? But that is SOP for this one) Stop says:

"If the same people that are telling me this crap are telling me I need to give a pilot a ten hour 412 indorsement instead of five, how am I too differentiate between what is bull**** and what is required for a reasonable safe operation.

You tell me. How am I supposed to work out what is fact and what is industrial fiction?"

Gimble, WE ARE TELLING YOU!

Look in CAO 40.3.0, App II, para 3 and it tells you that for an aircraft in the transport category, the endorsement is 10 hours, unless your "low-time" pilot applicants already have 200 hours PIC or Cojo on 204, 205 or 222.

For somebody who decries fixed ideas, you seem to have some fixed ideas about Kiwis and their desire to pay your phone bill.

Incest? Nepotism? Last time I checked, Gibbo and I were not related.

The helicopter industry would love you to bring some fresh money into it - we certainly need some good injections. But do it in a sensible way. If you are fair dinkum, then use a consultant. He will prevent you from making the mistakes that others have already made.

The suggestions made (before you came out with guns blazing) were to give you some clues. Plenty of people have cried out "What would YOU know? I have a better way." and gone down the tubes because there were a million things that they didn't allow for.

But look at me - I have bitten on a bait that I knew was trolling. It was too much temptation.