PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Contract
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2005, 23:59
Gimble Stop

Flungdung
The aircraft have been secured. The 412s will be delivered as the 139s become available. First in July 2005. I have a guarantee that the current operators will extend at no additional cost until then. The other 412s will follow at a rate that Agusta/Bell can supply the139s to QES. This is expected to be mid 2006.
Those of you in the know will be able to check this out because there are many at Hawkers across this deal. The aircraft are being delivered directly to us at Bankstown.
As you have surmised, I have made my money outside of this part of the industry. I will not be deterred by detractors. I am serious about bringing new blood into the seen.

Hippolite
Our insurance company is one of the consortium partners. We prefer to return to our supporters a higher premium than to through un-necessarily high wages at pilots and crew from the Jurassic period.

Thanks for all private massages from you Kiwis with an interest in a co-pilot position with us. But unfortunately, after repeated incidences of unpaid phone bills we now have a policy of no Kiwis ever. You lot made your bed. Sorry!

Wishtobflying
My therapist is highly supportive of me beginning again in a new part of this industry. Specially one like this in desperate need of reform.

Jeff
The boy that is going to HAI next week is not a pilot, he is our cook. I did not intent to imply he was pilot. My apologies. And thankyou but I will not need help from you or Gibbo.

I have not received any tangible, reasonable or logical arguments why a co-pilot could not be trained as a hoist operator. Are you really suggesting that these two disciplines are mutually exclusive? Why? How?

This is the problem as I see it. You old school guys often cry wolf! You sell your industrial position as Law and fact, when it is nothing more than the way you like it, or the way that has come to be accepted as normal.

If the same people that are telling me this crap are telling me I need to give a pilot a ten hour 412 indorsement instead of five, how am I too differentiate between what is bull**** and what is required for a reasonable safe operation.

You tell me. How am I supposed to work out what is fact and what is industrial fiction? I have spoken with consultants. They also are inclined to offer their preferences rather than legal requirements. This sector of the industry is crippled with incest and nepotism as demonstrated by the relationship between Disguise Delimit and Gibbo

Safety is no accident. Come on! Who are you going to blame when your crewman acting as an untrained co-pilot drives you into a rock in an IFR environment?