PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Knee-jerking
Thread: Knee-jerking
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2001, 14:31
bagpuss lives

Manchesters Most Wanted PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again an example of how management are using the crises to hide their axe swinging.

We were under the impression that fam flights were canx due to security considerations but after reading the latest ANO amendment that covers such issues post Sept 11th I discover we are still permitted to jumpseat - being security cleared.

So therefore fam flights have been cancelled becuase we can't stump up the £10 - £20 or whatever it costs NATS to cover ticketing costs and the like.

I can't help but feel that the already fragile morale is taking a huuuuuuuuuge nosedive at the moment - certainly it is with my immediate colleagues. It's just the little things that annoy you innit? Like the good will of wine at Chrimbo and the liason visits and the fam flights.

Like I said earlier perhaps this is the real world or whatever but it all seems so petty and illogical to me.

160to4DME - is this at our unit this carrying on with the ATCO1? I wasn't aware of any of it like who, or when or why but I can guess who it is I think - I must be awfully out of touch - been workin' too hard