PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetsgo YYC today...
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2005, 14:25
meaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BC Flyier,

Although you are correct in stating that everyone in Canada has had incidents I think the comparison is flawed.........You cannot compare the numbers of Jetsgo to AC or WJ.

Jetsgo has been around just over a couple of years and operates a mere fraction of the daily departures of AC with only a fraction of the fleet of AC and for 60 some odd years less as well.So yes go ahead and mention YFC and really that is OK but the reality is that if you could make a percentage of incidents per departure over time Jetsgo has some issues.

I want to point out that I have nothing against the pilots there but I think that even the best pilot in the industry when working for a third level carrier is in danger.

I have spent years in the small third level airlines flying up north with all the risks involved that you all know.But when you have a bunch of people who want to run that kind of operation with MD83's and F100 you know what the risks are......

The warning signs are too frequent and regular and I hope someone at TC will do something about it (although I wouldn't put money on it).

I wish all you guys well and remember to stay safe nad that when they make you fly transcon with a full load in an MD83 with crap weather or a broken airplane, you can always find another job but not another license or god forbid another life.