PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crack grounds NZ Hercules in Indonesia
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2005, 08:23
BCF Breath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZK-NSJ you jest surely! Helen has probably ( please confirm ) either ripped the guts out of your Orions or by refusal to upgrade, may well have stripped their ASW capability anyway.

I can confirm and refer to page 3 of this post. Unbelievable!
I also remember a time within the last decade of an Orion being retro-fitted with a Link 11 system off a Frigate in dry-dock so it can talk to friendlies.

I can confirm that the NZ SAS is hampered by no air srtike capability at home to train with for FAC, however, gained a Unit Citation from the US for their high standard of operations in Afg. They are a VERY capable force. They do have all the best kit.

The Hercs did a fine job in Afg, but you here nothing about that...

I can confirm that the Army radios have been replaced and are top of the line, if not above the line.

Also that the Army now has air defence capability (somewhat lacking in Europe and causing the Army to be "Looked after" by allies).

New vehicles (not LAVs) are in service and soon to be fitted with 40mm auto grenade launchers.

We wouldn't deploy LAV's in airborne platforms. Although they ARE air transportable. (Akl to Ohakea...) I understand that the AusLAV's are similar in weight...

And remember that National did a lot as well to run down the defence...