PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK pilot breathalysed after go arounds
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2005, 19:46
Tartan Giant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Policeman in question wants breath tested

This is one of the most dumb-assed reasons I have heard of to breath test a pilot/Captain.

BJCC

You seem to think the local copper had every right to humiliate this Captain by asking him to blow into the tube!

Correct me if I am wrong........... Under existing laws, UK police can only carry out a breath test if they believe the driver has been drinking.

Instead of "driver" as in road, make that "Captain" as in air......... so tell me BJCC, what had the copper to go on that made him seriously believe the Captain had been drinking - as far as I can tell, he only had some second-hand (?) verbal announcement from some PRAT 'down the back' ?

I do not condone drinking and driving, and I certainly do not condone drinking and flying, in fact I want far tougher penalties: BUT, there cannot be a case to breath-test a Commander on the say so of some ignorant fool riding down the back who thinks "3 goes to land the plane" equates to being drunk or indeed even having had a drink.

As Old King Cole said slander!

As Final 3 Greens suggests, I too would be after that bast*rd for slander - and I would write a very stiff letter to the Chief Constable to get the ball rolling.

If you think BJCC the "officer" (ha!) made a wise decision by using such pathetic evidence from an "informant" then I think you have been badly misled........... an ex-copper yourself? Pheww.

The police have a very difficult time on the streets, but to be reduced to this crap, does nothing to limit true crime.

I hope the Captain takes this further, so no further stupidity is enforced upon those who fly.

Like Max Pete, I am glad I am out of the profession, and so sorry for you guys that have to put up with such sh*t.

TG