PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Costs of owning a plane
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2005, 15:54
stuartforrest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear that is not a very good argument

Confabulous

This is a daft argument with the greatest of respect to you. People do not buy most things in life because of economics. Most people easily recognise that a Skoda is a better value car than a Porsche but if you could afford the Porsche would you still be trying to convince us that the Skoda is the best option.

In my experience in life (and I dont mean to offend anyone here) the people who tell you over and over again that the cheaper option is the best cannot afford the more expensive option (again not their problem and no offense is meant here) but if they could afford the Bonanza or perhaps a Cirrus they would buy it at the drop of a hat. If I could afford a TBM700 I would be on my way to the Socata factory to pick my paint scheme but I cant so I have to stick with my A36!

Transfer that to other areas of life. Take a Sony Plasma screen (£4000) instead of the Schneider 28 inch wide screen from Asda for £249.00. You can still watch Match of the Day on either but I know which one I would prefer and indeed most people are the same.

It isnt all about economics is what I am saying. My Bonanza will do 167 knots at 15US but it will also do 120 knots at 9US but I still go fast.

Buy the best you can afford in life, not necessarily the most expensive, but certainly not the cheapest. That is what I like to do. I cant afford the plane I would like but I bought the best one I could afford for the money I had available and I can assure you it gives me and my family loads of pleasure.