PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guantanemo Bay Boys
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2005, 15:22
TurbineTooHot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just suggesting solutions.

I would like to point out that I am not a Bush/Rumsfeld apologist. I think they have handled the "War on Terror" terribly.

I also believe that if we are seen to lose the moral highground then we risk becoming as bad as those we are fighting against.

I do believe that sometimes action which is fairly unpallettable for the general populus, and frankly scandalous to the media, is necessary.

We face a very different threat than we have every faced before. Terrorists with no regard for their own lives, let alone anyone elses.

So far bloody good intelligence has saved us from attacks, but for how long? Where has this come from? I'd suggest that some would have come from suspects held without trial both here and in the US, maybe not Gitmo (they've been in there a bit long for current activities).

The justice suggested by some of our more liberal posters would rely on action after an event, rather than prevention of that action. Even with only circumstantial evidence, I would gladly take one step down from the highest of moral grounds if it meant protecting the lives of my fellow countrymen.

Or are the lives of a few treacherous passport holders more important?

TTH.