PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guantanemo Bay Boys
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2005, 15:59
hyd3failure

Im not sure why this is being discussed on this thread but nonetheless I think I agree with most participants in so much as Detention without trial is not the way we do things.

I cannot imagine the shock and horror of being locked up for 3 years without any charges, trial or indeed without anyone explaining what was happening. These guys are British and as such they should be afforded all the compassion they deserve until they have been found guilty of anything. I understand one of the guys was a teacher who was setting up a school for Deaf Children when without warning he is snatched from the comfort and love of his family, transported to the middle of nowhere and left for 3 years. Im sorry guys but thats not the way to behave. If these people have links with terrorism, if they have commited a crime then lets charge them and if found guilty lets throw away the key. BUT, until that time, then they are completely innocent. Thats the way we do it in Britain, thats why our forefathers were prepared to put their lives on the line, thats why our country went to war in 1939.