PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Contract
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2005, 22:09
Gimble Stop

On the strength of what the new rules might say, surely you are not contending that I should employ five crewmen when two could reasonably do the job. We are expecting to fly 2.05 hours per day only. That is not going to tax anybody too much. If I have more than two crew, they will forget what their job is. They will hardly ever fly.
I am profusely aware that pilots have flight and duty time all sewed up. But what’s this crew stuff all about. And oddly enough the pilots seem to support it.

I have a couple of young guys that are very keen to crew for me. But crewmen like fruit pickers are getting hard to come by. Where would I get all these staff?

Is it that the pilots do not want the crew to be seen to be doing more than they are?

Would it cause friction if the crewmen worked a reasonable roster and the pilots did their leisurely hours? It dumbfounds me that on one hand I have pilots working for food ( Good Food) doing as many hours as I can provide, and on the other, nobody seems to want to fly much at all. The pilots seem to want the IFR indorsement and then do as little as possible.

DD you are clearly right. I need a consultant. You guys have disappointed me with your responses.

Can somebody point me in the direction of a good consultant? One that has an eye on economy with a commerce background. I need someone that can interpret the aviation law and not get confused buy how they think it should be done or what they think the law might change too one day.