PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wraf Abuse!
Thread: Wraf Abuse!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2005, 19:48
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think a lot of people need to grow up around here.
PC Harassment has be come a Convenient excuse for those that cant hack banter. AND MARK MY WORDS THATs ALL IT IS: BANTER, JOKES, TAKING THE PISS, HAVING A LAUGH. We all do it, females, coloured, disabled. Its those that cant take it that moan.

Message for you DK388 - I would love to know where you have be stationed - "lecherous SNCOs", "officers 'wit', he regretted it very quickly when I redressed him and won".
Come on, have you been serving in the IRAQI air force for the last 22 years. You make it sound like a regime that i certainly have not witnessed.
It sounds like to me that you really could not join in the banter and you hated everybody else that did.

I have been in the RAF for 28 years, I have been around the world several times, been to war twice (In two different countries) and spent a total of 12 years away from my wife and family.
In that time i have serverd with females and coloureds of all ranks and i have found them totally enthusiastic and not full of the harrassment hatred that some would like us to believe.

My daughter is joining the mob soon and I am really proud that she is doing so. I also know that she has a wit and a humour that will carry her through with no problems. If I was scared that she would be abused, harrassed or what ever, do you think I would let her join.

On a final note, I am a Welsh man and constantly have to put up with the "BANTER" of English men taking the P??SS out of me.
Is that harrassment or PC acceptable at this moment in time.

The minute I get serious about somebody taking the mickey out of me and my sheep mates, is the minute that I will get quite worried.
The military have to be full of black humour and banter - its what gets us through the hard times in life. And we are all in it together. (except those that dont play their part of course).