PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beware of Unscrupulous US Visa Advice
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2005, 14:24
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They stressed that if anybody is in the USA on ANY visa (not the waiver) for ANY purpose - they could carry out flight training as a secondary event
Exactly, which is why some people viewing this thread will probably think I've been harping on on some personal crusade

For the record, I've held a multi entry B1/B2 visa for almost 10 years, becasue I used to attend courses and training seminars in the States. I used to enter the states on this and the INS guys had no problem with me comming in "on a flying holiday" which it was.

The thing about the B1/B2 is that it is a muti entry visa valid for 10 years or so (if you are of good character ) so if this would suffice for flight training, then it makes our lives as pilots much much easier (one visit to the embassy, and the occasional TSA online clearance). When I got my visa, I didn't even have to go to the embassy, I filled out a form promising not to over throw the US government, sent them my passport and hey presto a nice US visa with a picture of me (looking younger and thinner I might add) on it.....

Cheers

Edit: I just found this on a US Government visa web site:

If you are going to the U.S. primarily for tourism, but want to take a short course of study of less than 18 hours per week, you may be able to do so on a visitor visa.

Last edited by englishal; 23rd Jan 2005 at 15:01.