PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
Old 23rd Jan 2005, 12:38
forwardassist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?

Ladies and Gentlemen
We live in a military world where we are constantly asked to do more with less, equipment is procured late and therefore not up to requirement and more often at greater cost, and we are seen as a burden on the taxpayer for daring to have some time off when we should be obviously confined to barracks every night whilst on detachment. We are employed as a world police force with no real support from either our lords and masters or the public, with less notice taken when we are killed than when we commit a faux pas.

Where do you feel the Armed Forces going to be in a few years time and does anyone have a sensible answer as to the way ahead? Is there an answer or shall we continue until the last few serviceable aircraft are grounded in the UK since military aircraft make too much noise for horse riders?
I ask as one who spends half the year away and half the day when he is back at work trying to keep on top of the next detachment/days work/duty/reports/knee jerk reaction etc etc.

I'm bu99ered if I know the answer and as a result becoming more and more attracted to taking the walk at IPP in a couple of years, as, no doubt, are others. I am a long time member of this forum, but am posting under another name due to rumours of participation being frowned upon by hierarchy and affecting promotion and postings (another reason to NOT be cheerful - we cant even complain anymore!)!

I'm sure all you wags drool at the chance to share your wit on threads like this, and I await your usual venting, but before you let fly with your pearls, if anyone has a genuinely good idea, now's the time.

Last edited by forwardassist; 23rd Jan 2005 at 13:40.