PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow AFS Strike
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2005, 10:42
Bart O'Lynn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just like their civil colleagues , a bunch of prima donnas.

Please dont bore me with how they put their lives at risk. Lets look at the numbers. Most calls are mundane, or routine. these people are been given the accolade that they are heroes and shoulld be feted as such before the fact. The individuals who have been injured or killed deserve it but not the masses who sit in their fire stations, Civil and aviation, doing a few drills and playing pool , in between answering calls from their plumbing/painting/spark business, or having a kip.They knew what the job entailed when they signed up. The actual hours on/salary ratio is more than adequate rnumeration, and their time at work should be better utilised. They are fireman , they should do ALL aspects of their job which if done properly saves lifes, fine. But i'm a pilot , if i dont do my job properly the results are just as catastrophic. Same sh1t different depth.

As an ex fireman i know what i'm talking about.Mountains out of molehills to remain exclusive and irreplacable.

As a comparison lets give every soldier sitting in barracks today a medal, a payrise and public adulation in case they get hurt in a year or so, during their duties as squaddie, which they signed up for without duress.