PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which MCC???
Thread: Which MCC???
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2005, 16:14
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't care about MCCs. It is nothing to do with me, and the main people who gain are the company who own the sim. My employers lease one from an airline, as do all the companies here who offer the course. What I do care about is the people who visit here having accurate information, the best information available to help them get a career in aviation - that is why I don't like you saying the things you do, because what you are saying is untrue.

As an aside I then corrected a few unimportant mistakes you made, and inaccurate impressions you have given.

On the latter I will correct one you repeat in ammended form here. I recently looked for an MCC. I only found one at more than £3000. The truth as you see it does not seem to coincide with the available information. Many at well below that figure were offered on a full-flight simulator. I selected one of those, and appreciated the quality, not for the purposes of achieving the MCC objectives but for reasons I have posted earlier in the thread. I mentioned those reasons to give the people reading all the information I can, and I do not appreciate you questioning my motives for doing so, and to accuse us of telling lies while piously claiming to be the only authority for truth is not going to help wannabes. Saying that the course could be done on an orange crate, which is unlikely to be approved, suggests (a) that your course was not very good, as I could not have learnt the crew co-operation lessons I did without a decent, representative training device and (b) you are not trying to help wannabes, just moan about JARs.

Right, that's out of the way.

What I can agree with is that some of the advertising of MCC courses is misleading. Take this from a certain famous training provider's website
In order to qialify [sic] for an ATPL (or CPL/IR) you will have to complete a Multi-Crew Co-operation Course after your instrument rating
It is just not true that you need MCC for a CPL/IR, nor is it relevant to the people likely to read the page that you need one for an ATPL as you also need at least 500 hours multi-crew experience.

This sort of material, and other exageration in advertising does the image of the business no good. However most of the more modest training establishments make no such claims, in my experience. The advertising I saw when looking for a course was strictly fair, accurate and unsensational, describing the course and the relevant JARs.

[edited to make my contribution less conforontational]

Last edited by Send Clowns; 20th Jan 2005 at 10:04.