PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life Flight YMML
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2005, 04:35
Destabilized

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Spare me, where's the icon for "jaw hitting the floor"?

What a crock, Mr Rankin, and what's more you probably believe yourself, too. There's no assumptions made by me, and to be slanderous, they have to be untruthful.

1. The Antarctic support was entered into at rates and arrangements made by previous employees
The first year, by BS, OK, but that has/had nothing to do with your continuing operations there, nor the rates that you persisted in, to the detriment of other commercial operators. The French are quite talkative when trying to get an even stupider rate, so either they're telling porkies, or you.

But what the Hell are you doing as a charity, operating in the Antarctic anyway!!!!!!

These sponsorships can be gained by private commercial operations as well
Yes, as if Powercorp are going to sponsor a non charity They get a nice little tax benefit throwing money at Lifeflight, which they can't achieve elswhere. And I'm sure that they feel that their name flying around the Antarctic is really valuable to their shareholders/investors - NOT.

You have an enormous advantage over dinky di commercial operators, who have to compete against your subsidised rates in order to make a dollar, then have to pay tax on any profit they make. Lifeflight & tax? Where does that enter into the equation?

Fire Fighting has been a core function of our charity since our establishment in 1999
Really? Really!! Utter BS. I thought that JE put you into the fire fighting game, and I can't remember that being back in 1999. You didn't even have a fire bucket until three years ago, so how was it your "core function", FCS.

Positive progression of the industry? Not this week.