PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Specific Private Forums (QANTAS?)
Old 18th Jan 2005, 01:59
Arm_Doors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An ever so slight deviation from the topic, but I beg forgiveness.....

Andyman_82 says:

hi i am not bitter at all..i love my job at qantas and im prepared to fight to keep it...there are 5000 reservation staff in australia...if u were told that 7000 of these jobs for the future were going to india wouldnt u be a bit pissed off? i worked hard to get into qantas and i will work hard to stay here...
I remember not so long ago when the LH EBA was being negotiated that we were told to get over it and accept that some of our jobs were being sent overseas.

Just goes to show that solidarity should work both ways.

However, I have no doubt that if push comes to shove Cabin Crew will be there arm in arm as they always are when the going gets tough....

And I humbly beg for forgiveness for taking a slight deviation from the original topic - however, the hypocrisy needed to be highlighted and there was little point in starting a new thread.

I too also support a QF specific forum (I suspect some of the other larger carriers who have contributors would like the same).

Finally, most of Cabin Crew love their job in Qantas - its plainly evident when your online or flying as a passenger (as I did for years before flying as crew). Like all forums this gives us a place to vent and exchange views, without repercussion. Better to do it here and than onboard.

Thank god for PPRUNE!!!