PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EEG no longer required at initial JAA Class 1 (merged)
Old 17th Jan 2005, 13:16
7E7Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The big problem is that I'm from another JAA country where the EEG remains a requirement. Harrassing the local CAA might do more harm than good, and I probably can't get a "favorable opinion" from any neurologist here. Of course they would all try to justify EEGs in aircrew selection to improve their income and besides they are all extremely cautious about writing a good report for somebody who has a seizure risk potentially increased by 0.0000000000001%!

Can anybody tell me how I need to proceed if I'm moving my whole certification stuff to the UK CAA (if at all possible at this "denied" stage)? What if I definitely can't get a "good" report on my EEG, would the UKCAA just ignore that and issue me with a UK Class 1, given the fact I have no neurologic problems at all (like almost everybody else in the same plight!!)? All other reports/findings were normal at the medical.

I'm still considering going to the U.S. but need to find out first how they would handle the matter.

Thanks for any help with this!