PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is CTC the only way forward??
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2005, 09:18
mjc9967

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks a lot TRon and JMC, excellent answers to my questions!! Thankyou!!

TRon,

You are just allocated to an airline as and when they need someone. So I am told if you refuse or dont fancy somewhere you wont be offered anything else.
I totally understand CTC not tolerating people who are too precious about which name they get, but how does this bode for people on either side of the Airbus / Boeing divide? Do you need to just take what you get or is this preference taken into consideration from an earlier stage? Is it best to be neutral on the issue and take what comes?

JMC, out of interest, do you know when the guy offered the February AQC started his application?

It sounds like an incredibly long haul doesn't it? How on earth do people stay current during all of this??

I wouldn't like to not try to get a job any other way while waiting on all those various stages to come around. I suppose a fair number of people get jobs some other way while going through all of this? (Not meaning to say the streets are paved with first jobs of course but you know what I mean!)

What do you think would be the situation if someone hit the panic button and went and did a self financed type rating along the way? Would that preclude you from further participation, or make you more attractive? Do type rated people do the scheme?

Thanks again,

Mark

ps: CTC told me on the phone they are not accepting any applications at the moment, wanting to match as they do likely airline demand with supply - they said to check back at the beginning of March....a good sign that they manage numbers sensibly to the benefit of existing participants to the extent that they turn down cash??

Last edited by mjc9967; 17th Jan 2005 at 09:34.