PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The problem with QANTAS is...
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2005, 08:01
Angle of Attack

Received 34 Likes on 11 Posts
Red face

"From my perspective pilots like you are merely grossly overpaid monitors...the aircraft essentially flies itself.Studies are being conducted on the feasability of pilotless aircraft.Perhaps once you are redundant you may like a position as a flight attendant.Walk a mile in my moccasins before you criticize what I do."

The most typical attitude by most hosties. All I can say is most hosties are like a deer with no eyes. No idea ... No idea what most pilots go through to get into airlines. They've climbed a lot more ladders, crossed a lot more barriers than all hosties have. And before you criticize me, you know any hosties having grossed less than 5K a year for 10 years while they struggle and aim to get a hosty job in Qantas? No. It just doesnt happen. Im quite willing to walk a mile in your shoes hosties, but they are not moccasins, they are used dunlop volleys. As replaceable as a pea in a golden circle pea cannery.

Hmm as for the pilotless aircraft, bring it on!! I havent mortgaged myself up to the hilt like most hosties so I dont care! I have a skilled profession and a job so it will be a tea party moving on compared to you guys. (By the way the studies you refer are a pilotless hostiless aircraft)

Now Ive hopped off my pedestal, it may sound like Im a hostie hating nazi or something but Im not. There maybe be lots of people bagging hosties on this forum but.. i have never witnessed a pilot bag a flight attendant in front of him/her in real life, but i can tell you I have had a gutful from heaps of hosties for no apparent reason, only because I am a techie!? Im always pleasant and polite, always! And I'd say 50% of QF flight attendants are great fun people. but its not a small minority souring the bucket its around half of them Id say..