PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryan-Be-Fair.org confirms it!
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2005, 11:11
chikenscanfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post The Facts

Perhaps I have sat back too long without reply to this topic...

Rest assured to all I am in a position to know what happens within the company, that is all I can safely say under the current circumstances...

and my quarrels are with many different facets of its operations, as they have always been since I started posting on the topics on PPRune...

Grim is right to say that I feel a great deal of loss in where this company could potentially go, it is demotivating and at least worrying...with all the cuts sublimenting a false balance sheet, the day will soon arise where MOL wont be able to find anywhere else he can cut back on...

Obi wan must have worked with the company a long time ago...the average take home pay for an F/O is now below 3ka month, and this with the added expenses others have noted (medical, transport, uniform, loss of license, legal assistance cover, pension scheme (if applicable), accomodation)...NOT TO FORGET the repayment costs for paying for your own type rating...

Exhausted raised the issue of high working hours...this is true...
Without quoting one source too many times, the ryan-be-fair website had posted a finding that the average Ryanair pilot works 40 to 50% more than his easyjet colleagues for the same pay...not to slag off my friends at Ezy, its just for the sake of an example...

Doors to Automatic had raised Safety not being an issue...again, the comment rebuted here about digging heads into the sand is valid...we have less and less experienced crew coming into the company whilst our newer destinations require more and more experience to handle...meanwhile day assignments are becoming considerably long promoting the further issue of fatigue worries...

be under no illusion, in Ryanair, you will easily be away from home for over 12 hours, performing 4 take-offs and landings, five times a week in a row...

Ryanair also likes to twist figures or tell what it considers to be white lies...there are no certainties in the company from which to base your existance, so you can think what you like of that "stable rostering"...it doesnt include having to jump between bases and sort out your own accomodation each time as every person who has gone through line training can relate to...

I don't think anyone will have heard of a company where both pilots and flight crew are known to have to sleep at the airport to accomodate with the "company's needs" (both rostering AND fiscal)...

Ryanair also enjoys to change terms and conditions of any agreement without telling you or even asking you...things as important as pay increases with progression...a topic I heard is becoming a serious worry amongst new first officers...

Why would there be sites like ryan-be-fair.org or repaweb.org if this wasnt a serious issue?

Why would these topics be on PPRune if degredation of conditions didnt in the least worry Ryanair staff?

Lets not forget that an original topic on this website was removed because of complaints by "the plaintiff" (a little something we have to do to secure Danny's hard work on this forum, which is unfair to say the least)

"Go to another airline!"... whoever says this just doesnt know the industry

Job switching as a pilot is difficult, uncertain, and takes a long time... as any pilot knows getting an interview for a job is a big thing and is much more a foot in the door than it would be in other industries...dont forget were worth a lot more in investment costs through retraining and basing than say your regular accountant...

being a pilot is supposed to be a career with one airline...job jumping makes airlines suspicious...

sad part is many are doing just this...speaks for itself in light of this all

Hope this enlightens some of you of my motivations for my posts...