PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could a Share Save Me money?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2005, 20:37
birdlady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyBoy

Its a great way to save money however as mentioned above there are limitations. I know a few who've gone down this route and its worked out brillantly. Saved them loads of cash. Most schools will be happy to let you use one of their instructors as they get paid and if its the same there as it is here there's a charge for every entry made on the autho sheet (sign out sheet if its not called that on the other side of the ocean). However, I would really want to trust the other shareholders for obvious reasons. Make sure for every hour flown a certain amount is put aside for maintenance. I know this may seem strange but Ive heard some horror stories of their not being enough spondulux in the kitty for repairs. This can all be avoided if a BINDING contract is signed by all parties.

If this is not your cup of tea/ G and T go somewhere other than the Uk for PPL and hour building maybe even multi IR, then return to Uk for CPL/Multi IR. Two blindingly obvious reasons for this 1) MUCH CHEAPER 2) BETTER WEATHER so will finish faster. The states or S.Africa being two places. Sa is where Ive done all my training and have to say its excellent, cheap and weather is good most of the time.

Ciao for now and good luck