PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could a Share Save Me money?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2005, 18:33
Flyboy1980

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could a Share Save Me money?

Hi All,

I am a low time PPL holder and wannabe, and no doubt like many others I have been searching for the cheapest way to get qualified and get on the job market. I have done my research and now accept the fact that I will be broke at the end of all this. In my quest to save some pennies I had a passing thought which I would appreciate your views on.

I am curious as to weather anyone had ever heard of a share scheme by which you train as a part owner of an aircraft. For example....

*10 trainees buy 10 equal shares in an aircraft (either single or multi)
*Hire an instructor to train them
*Pay an hourly rate for, fuel, maintenance etc
*Then sell the aircraft at the end, and receive some refund on your initial investment

Obviously there will be other ratings which may need to be persued elsewhere (MCC, JOT etc) but I am curious as to whether anyone has ever heard of this being done? And if it can save money? Maybe flying schools could sell you a share instead of charging huge amounts to hire their aircraft and instructors?

You can probably tell that this is merely a passing thought in my mind, so please feel free to shout me down if it is ridiculous. But any comments would be appreciated. Who knows perhaps I have started a chain reaction that will change the way we view flight training methods, or maybe, i'm being silly again!!

Many Thanks :-)