PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The problem with QANTAS is...
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2005, 21:59
Flying Tiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plenty of reaction to my post, but I note that there continues to be an absence of an answer to one question...does anyone have a suggestion as to what Dixon should be earning, and the rationale for the calculation?

Its all very well to criticise, but you're either part of the solution, or you're part of the problem.

I guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I believe in hard work and rewards based on your skills and productivity, and my opinion is that QF cabin crew provide little in either department, and continually do whatever they can to rort the system (roster adjustments etc). And don't start me on the quality of the service.

I am a pilot and I say unashamedly that any inefficiencies affect profit, price competitiveness and therefore growth. As such, they bear a direct negative impact on the ability of the airline to put new aircraft on the ramp, which in turn affects promotional prospects.

In this context, I will always have little regard for any employee group that chooses to be inefficient and unproductive, and this applies to pilots just as much as anyone else. However, as far as I can see, in legacy airlines no group is more culpable than the flight attendants.

Icaraus, I apologise to you for my typo. It was not long ago that many ppruners were strong in their criticism of Qantas decision to make HSC English a minimum requirement. However, it seems there is less compassion towards grammatical imperfections on the pprune. The common thread seems to be you don't need great English to fly a jet, but the boys and girls will hammer you if you slip up on pprune!

Consistency? Nothing like a good set of double standards!

FT.