PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let Down by IPMS??
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2001, 23:17
BEXIL160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

250 and Torpids.....

No, I do not feel "Let down" by IPMS.

Sell out of what? The job is about providing a safe, orderly and expeditious SERVICE. That is what I joined what was then the CAA / NATS, to provide.

Due to the recent poor management we are where we are. I beleive that the Airline Group are only too well aware that the management are responsible for this fiasco. They are also well aware that the ONLY people that can help sort out this godawful mess are the staff.

I have noticed a distinct change in managements attitude. Have you? Confrontation with the staff seems to be out, and consultation in. This must surely be a welcome change? For instance have you heard Mr. Cheese and Ham putting both feet in his mouth recently? No. His prouncements have been recognised as a liabilty by TAG.

Durring this 100 day period TAG are really turning over the stones and seeing what has crawled out. Many managers who blithely accepted individual contracts are starting to wish they hadn't. Their nemesis has arrived, in the form of TAG, without the need for IPMS to put the boot in.

NATS needs all it's operational staff to function, extra days are required to make it function well. This will be the case for some time to come (four years?) NOBODY is being asked to do anything against their will after all. The extra days are not being given to a select few, and TAG are all too well aware of our aspirations for the next pay round.

To sum up then, no I don't feel at all let down. IPMS have been commendably pragmatic and have got a deal that helps everyone. I have no desire for "revenge" on the past management, TAG are taking care of that.

Will I being doing extra days? Probably not, as the time off is more valuable to me, but I personally do not resent those that do. It's their choice.

Do I want to have a say in our future?, damn right I do. You're not gonna get that by standing back and living in the past.

Rgds BEX.