PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad...they gotta be kidding
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2005, 14:03
fractional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad some are increasingly checking things out.
The money they say they pay is not the problem. The problem is the money you end up paying and that they don't tell you about... in any interview and you won't even think about until you are faced with it already in. What do you then if you don't like it, and all this after resigning from your other "crappy" job?
It's very inportant to get the facts and not the wish "dream" list. I'm repeating myself here and basing this posting (as the ones before) on a married status guy with a family in AUH. Many of you are possibly family men, or may be not (???). Things may be different for single (actual single) or geographically single.
Despite someone's criticism of my figures and after all, they are too far out, here we go again with a recap the inportant stuff outside flying business:
- AUH specifically has a strong shortage of quality housing for the allowance applicable; and it'll continue for many yrs to come. What can you get with 90 or 95K realistically?
- Education allowance from a good school is more than 18 or 19K and let alone the UAE DH exchange rate.
- EY health insurance policy... Ask someone working there what the new version is all about and what it covers (or about what it does NOT cover).
These are the basics... Let's leave the other things out (we shouldn't really, but...) for the time being, i.e. Life style cause that's up to each and everyone to do what they wish. I can tell you that the cost of living is not much cheaper than in some European, North American or Australasian countries. Obviously, I am not including car or fuel prices.
If you put altogether the main stuff, the end of the month balance is not going to look very pretty.
Yet again I remind you all that everything depends on where you come from. As many pointed out, it's very good for some, many more will fly in and I've got nothing against it. That's the normal way of life. We all look to inprove our lives (personal and professional) and good luck to those we can achieve that the sooner... Happy flying !!!