PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ***new Pprune Cadet Type Rating Course***
Old 13th Jan 2005, 12:10
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe. Just to reiterate though, we are not accepting any applications. Any received are not read. We have selected our candidates for the next stage.

On a slightly different note, it suprised me that so many people use unreliable email ser4vices such as hotmail. Many people who were notified didn't receive their notifications immediately because hotmail decided that it didn't like email from us for whatever reason.

Also, many responses were filtered out by my anti-spam software because of those silly little free ads that many email service providers like to append to your email if you are using their free service. Due to the amount of spam that does the rounds, I have filters that look for advertising and automatically trash emails that have ads in them or appended to them.

I'd like to suggest to all of you out there that should you have to rely on email for important information then you invest in an email service provider that gives you plain vanilla email without all the free ads etc that the other services attach after you send it. It's a tiny investment for something that can be so important. It also makes sure your emails aren't treated as spam by others who have to have fairly high level spam filters in place.