PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crack grounds NZ Hercules in Indonesia
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2005, 07:43
ZK-NSJ
Kiwi PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so one of our sas guys getting his foot blown off when the vehicle he was in hit a mine was untrue then?, unless ofcourse he was taking a break from his latrine digging,, now i have been in the nz army myself for a short period, and i have various mates who still are there, one of which recently came back from 6 months in basra, another of which is learning how to drive a brand new lav-3 , believe me for the money these guys and girls get to do the job they do, its obvious they are committed to the cause, would you go to the otherside of the world and risk your life for under $25 grand a year, i doubt it, but these guys do, and you sitting on your lounge chair watching the cricket with the beers in the fridge feel obligated to comment on something that a) has nothing to do with the original thread anyway, b) you arnt in the nz military, you only read what **** for brains reporters write and obviously u believe what they say, notice how in the newspaper article it went on and on about the mechanical fault yet said little about what the crews had done while they had been there, 75hrs in only a few days delivering vital supplys, but ofcourse the reporter isnt sent there to report on the good side of things all they want to do is dig for skeletons , and then have the gall to critisise us for sending inadequate support, 2 or 3 years at journalism school, and they come out as bigger bull**** artists than politicians are. and are you calling bludging a new zealand pasttime???, if so go jump in the lake, tell my mate who works 3 jobs and 80hrs a week that, or myself i work 65hrs a week in 2 jobs to make a living, i detest the fact that u feel you can comment on such matters, when you dont even bloody well live here....

(from archived nzdf media)

NZ SOLDIERS INJURED IN AFGHANISTAN
Wednesday October 23, 2002

Air Marshal Bruce Ferguson, Chief of Defence Force, stated today that three members of the NZ SAS contingent serving in Afghanistan were wounded yesterday when the vehicle in which they were patrolling ran over a landmine and was destroyed.

“Our three soldiers, the only occupants of the vehicle, were on a routine patrol when it hit the mine,” said Air Marshal Ferguson.

“Their injuries are serious but not life-threatening. They were quickly evacuated to a military hospital in theatre where they are being treated. All are in stable condition. One soldier will be returned to New Zealand via Germany while the other two are likely to remain in theatre with their unit.

“I will not be releasing their names but their families have been informed of the incident and the injuries sustained by the soldiers.

“The coalition forces value highly the work being undertaken by our soldiers in Afghanistan and we can all take pride in the professionalism they bring to their often difficult, and, as shown by this incident, dangerous task.”

For further media inquiries, the Minister of Defence and the Chief of Defence Force will be holding a media conference at 11.45 am, Minister’s office, Beehive 5.3

ENDS

Released by
Wing Commander John Seward

digging latrines my f***ing arse

Last edited by ZK-NSJ; 13th Jan 2005 at 08:08.