PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BHD + Futura
Thread: BHD + Futura
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2005, 05:49
glynn-kayes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I know,Teleticket has concentrated activity at BFS and LDY for 2005 due to supplements imposed on charter airlines for daytime departures.Prefering to fly at night and off peak hours in order to compete with scheduled operators to Spain from Belfast Intl, teleticket would have had to operate their services during the night basically at cheap rate times, so operations from Bhd are not warranted.Also smaller aircraft could not be sourced by the provisional operating carrier to supply Med runs from Bhd as the runway length at Bhd is also a major factor.Now that Abertis and Aena(spanish airport operator)are just about to buy Bfs,Cwl and Ltn,this could also have an effect on future air travel(both scheduled and charter)from the uk to Spain as Aena join the dots on their now ever increasing european airport network."Incidently,I have also noticed Flyglobespan are not offering a schedule from Bfs to Alc or Pmi this summer either so I think that both Ezy and Ls have had an impact on charter bookings and people are just doing their own thang and orgainising their two weeks off work themselves,Good luck to them.However we should all remember,Teleticket is a seat broker basically,and if bookings do not warrant,the broker will of course use existing charter services and not take the risk of chartering for themselves,as what happened to Hamilton Holidays.IE FCA flight 1103 from bfs to tfs,all agents sell this flight and the big boys like Thomas Cook,Mytravel and JWT all have an allocation of seats. A week before,if any seats are left,they are given to agents and the likes of Teleticket to sell at the best possible price.If the seats dont sell,anyone can buy a charter standby at Bfs.Finally,anyone who buys a charter standby ticket can use the value to another destination if they cant get on the original flight trhey wanted.That could never be done at Bhd.

Last edited by glynn-kayes; 13th Jan 2005 at 07:46.