PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those damned pedantic idiot captains
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2005, 23:39
bushboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said IO

I have flown both l and r seat and are up for r seat again (in a bigger machine). I don't think anybody has anything against a pedant colleague l or r seat on the flt deck, but what really agrevate the **** out of people are those guys who are constantly picking on stuff that you have allready corrected for ie speed high when you have allready pulled the throttles back etc. I have never ever heard this from a really good/knowlegeble colleague but I've heard it oh so many times from the guys who are normaly not that good. If you are not good enogh your self, make the other guy look less good??? I bet you have all seen this even outside the deck. Verry often it seams to be those captains who are not that good that picks in this way ( never heard that from an fo). Allso I have the feeling that once you have been upgraded, it's for life. We have all seen companies upgrade people that really aren't qualified as cpt just because he/she is the least bad option at the time. And then it's for life unless you move on to something bigger..... All my friends I have talked to agrees that the problem gets smaller the bigger the machines are. Maybe because those captains never get to fly the jets? but they are still captain for life...... scary

Ok, who will throw the first stone