PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wolverhampton
Thread: Wolverhampton
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2005, 05:04
midnight_express

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Due to a "delay" in planning permission, management at the Green cut full time ATC services as they basically couldn't afford it, although they kept the 12 firecrew and CAT3 yellow machine? How can they justify that? no need.
One or two of the ATCO's went up North to ole'doncaster, and the others are just waiting for postings i believe.
FIS is covered by two full time guys, one of which is an ATCO who is doing his validation in order to get some money until he finds an ATCO position, which he will cuz he is a top guy... the part time FISO's who have been there for years and did the weekends have been pushed aside by the looks of it and literally screwed...they were a good bunch, i spent many breaks up there with them, some are well experienced!
The ATIS and Approach were withdrawn as they can only be provided with an Air traffic service.
I think it was a complete money wasting exercise... everyone knows wolverhampton won't go anywhere, they should give up, put it back to GA where it made money and concentrate on Blackpool and the other airports they own.

Anyhow, we will have to wait and see....

Midnight_ExpreSS