PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Raf"s Jolly To Alps Is Snow Joke
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2005, 22:38
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Great PR machine the AF have.
Yes and things aren't helped by muppets like you bleating on about things that you obviously haven't got the first clue about.

Of course, we'll next be getting stories about time in the desert spent building sandcastles, sight-seeing trips over Baghdad and the like. What exactly would you and the Mirror have us do with our time and resources?? Just sit there doing cock-all until the moment they might actually be needed, by which time, skill-fade has set in so deep that nobody has a clue how to do their job any more, so they may as well wing it - "after all Carruthers, it would be a jolly bad show if we didn't at least give it a bash what what! Never be able to show my face in the Mess again to order another Pimms if I let the Sqn down". And then having tried to wing it, they plough into the side of a mountain.

And there's another headline for the Mirror - this time about how we can't do our job because we don't have the training to do it properly. But if it's in the Mirror it must be true. I just think that we could improve morale a bit more by buying proper toilet paper. As for Sir Jock being annoyed ...... of course - he's a choirboy isn't he. Never did anything like that in his day ..... hmmm

If you want to talk about value for money - £250K for 40 people for 23 days works out at under £300 per person (yes I know it's a crude average that doesn't take into account various other factors), but bloody hell, show me where else you could get that same amount of training for so many people at such a low cost per person? And if they get to have a bit of fun thrown into the bargain after all the crap they've had thrown at them over the past years - the sh*t dets, the cutbacks, the bad management from their airships, the fact that when they go home their families don't recognise them because it's been that long since they were home - then so be it. If you think that a some decent training that also happens to be enjoyable isn't warranted after that lot, then you come and have a go at the job .......

assuming you're not a complete pussy or are you just one of the wheezy old fat boys sitting on the sidelines with a note from matron, happy to critisize but won't get of your arse to help.

And no that's not a bite - that's me taking a bloody great chunk out!