PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it with Americans?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2005, 13:44
flyblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Donna,
here in AF on LH routes we carry our luggage to the plane, then there is a crew container where we put our luggage and is sealed and loaded into the aircraft as soon as we are done. We then take our luggage back from the container on the tarmac at destination (it's usually the first to be offloaded). On SH and MH we can take our luggage on board, tagged with a crew tag for security reasons.
Since we have lots of commuters too, the company provide a free left luggage service inside company building. Commuters leave excess luggage there when they depart for a flight and take it back when they return to base (max time 1 month). It's especially useful during stand bys, when you can be called for a week (and then will need a BIG case) or just for the day (NO luggage ).
Our "old things" retire between 50 and 55 (max age) and are not always happy to. It's also a waste if you ask me, because some at 55 are in the prime of age (but it's also true that I can't see how you could justify the safety role for a 70+ years old to be on board. Our annual medical check rules are too strict anyway, I don't think they'd pass it. And if you don't pass it, no licence) but some are quite happy and surely entitled to enjoy some time living their life the way the like after a lifetime of work.