PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it with Americans?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2005, 08:42
flapsforty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nwaflygirl, you are right about the Tokyo route; we share the hotel there, and I must admit to having been truly flabbergasted at the age of the NW FAs.
Since we also share a crew centre in AMS, we see a lot of you guys every day and without fail, there are comments about the age of the FAs. Would you answer a question for me please?
Common wisdom in our company has it that the reason you have so many aged FAs is as follows:
Instead of having pension money deducted from their wages and saved up for retirement by the company, NW FAs get the money in their pocket and are supposed to plan thier own retirement fund.
When they don't do that, they can not afford to retire, hence the oldies......

Fact or rumour?

And since I have you here, another mystery that always puzzles us; why do you guys seem to carry all your luggage with you on board? We have crew suitcases and are allowed a very limited amount of hand luggage. You guys seem to have to carry everything yourselves like pack mules. We are always wondering why that is so, and where on earth you stow it al once you get on the aircraft?

Yours,
Mystified from AMS