PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it with Americans?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2005, 00:10
Dogs_ears_up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an "older" crew member myself, I'm not sure that there's too much wrong with crew being so: A crew made up of youngsters can be a good thing sometimes, but in my experience, rarely. A mix of age, subjective beauty, experience and culture is usually preferable.

While there's good reasons for maintaining older crew, there's no good reason for maintaining crew who lack elementary customer service skills and empathy: The day we stop enjoying the job and start disliking customers is the day we should start looking elsewhere for employment IMHO. I'm often unsure with the more experienced american crews, as to whether they still enjoy the work.

It has often fascinated me that, in a country where (by and large) superior customer service is taken for granted, airlines are apparently exempt. This comment is made with the dubious benefit of experience. Clearly, there are many american crew who are outstanding in many ways, especially on domestic sectors: On longhaul/international, sadly this is less often true.

oncemorealoft agreed - I always had a soft spot for TWA crews too - better than average.

swish266 whatever it is you take on your planet, you need to be careful: It will probably show up in a routine blood test down here on earth! Suggest you check in with the mother ship - you've obviously been too long away!

Last edited by Dogs_ears_up; 9th Jan 2005 at 00:27.