PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Gan - Tsunami - RAF SH
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2005, 12:39
MaroonMan4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please read the post - I KNOW PUMAs and ships do not go together

Hence put them below deck aka Roll On - Roll Off (Ro-Ro), but this time a Ro-Ro will be no use, where as the use of Argus as the Ro-Ro puts 2 capabilities (SH and Hospital) into AO at the same time with minimum of fuss and risk.

Jungly AEO, I believe you are right, infact I know you are right and was always amazed how long you guys were in Bosnia without a Deck in sight or Amphib landing in sight.

The sad fact is that the Pumas are odds on favourite for the chop this year (yep - despite the NAO report they are not only going to reduce the FRC/SABR spending but potentially also remove the entire Puma capability as 'Peace Divdend' from the NI Peace Process (yeah right!). My point being dont chop re-task and if the quickest option is to re-task to the East, then so be it.

Sadly the as highlighted in many threads the Sea King and the Junglies have been a victim of their own success and their flexibility and capability has resulted in them being 'used out of role' by JHC HQ to make up the SH shortfall. Also, as we all know the Puma does not come without its penalties and limitations, but any SH is better than the removal of a capability without a replacement.

So, just remind me, we are still at the faff-not enough money-faff-not enough helicopters stage....

Good, I am glad to see things progressing at there usual pace....